Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Sashika <sa...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/28 09:42:49 UTC

Question on DiscoveryCustomEvent

Hi,

In one of our code segments, we evaluate a condition to check whether the
event received by local listener is an instance of DiscoveryCustomEvent.
Then if it is true we get the customMessage from it and check whether the
message is an instance of StopRoutineDiscoveryMessage. Our Ignition.start()
will start in client mode which will connect to an Ignite cluster.

My question is what is the condition that we receive a
StopRoutineDiscoveryMessage?. Can't find any more information online apart
from the source code of StopRoutineDiscoveryMessage.java which does not
have any description given.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Re: Question on DiscoveryCustomEvent

Posted by Alex Plehanov <pl...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

StopRoutineDiscoveryMessage is sent when a continuous query is stopped
(when query cursor is closed) to unregister listener on all nodes.
DiscoveryCustomEvent is an internal API event, what for you listening to
this type of events?