Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by MrRothstein <mr...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/25 16:48:50 UTC

http provider binding soap headers

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how to set up http binding components for soap
endpoints. It looks to me that the binding component adds the soap envelope
to the normalized message before sending it on it's way. I'm trying to
understand how a custom header would get generated. Does it have anything to
do with registering custom marshalers? Is there some documentation i could
look at or an example of creating a custom soap headers based on the
normalized message?

Thanks

Re: http provider binding soap headers

Posted by MrRothstein <mr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply. Finally got it working.
Is there any reason why the AddressHandler only supports onRecieve and
onReply? In my use case the webservice expects an addressing header, most of
the data to/from/action can be set at configuration time. The only thing
that would need to be dynamic is the message id, and the handler already has
an id generator. Instead of having to set the soap header properties, would
it be possible to do something like

<code>
<soap:ws-addressing to="to.address.com/to" action="action">
  <!-- Optionally configure id generator -->
</soap:-ws-addressing>
</code>

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
if you need to add soap headers, you can do that by setting a property
on the NormalizedExchange named "org.apache.servicemix.soap.headers"
which should contain a Map<QName, DocumentFragment>.  These soap
headers will be added to the soap envelope by the BC.

On 10/26/07, MrRothstein <mr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Maybe the question doesn't make sense and I completely misunderstand the
> process.
> Here is what I'm trying to understand:
> The http provided endpoint can be used to send soap messages to external web
> services. The message sent to the binding component from the nmr does not
> contain the soap envelope. How can I customize the soap envelope before
> sending the message to the external web service? Is this the correct
> approach? Or should the message being passed around the nmr contain the soap
> envelope it self?
>
> Thanks

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet