Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/01 09:10:14 UTC

Re: Question on JIRA's

Assigning a JIRA ticket to someone else than yourself should only be done
with the explicit consent of the (potential) assignee. Please remember that
communication is the glue that holds a project (or podling) together and
happy. Doing a lot of work and then seeing it rejected (or reverted)
without the buy-in from the community can lead to that. Every contributor
always needs to keep in mind that, when it comes to code changes, consensus
is required. A single -1 (from a contributor with binding privileges) can
have the whole work reverted.

Especially with improvements (biggies, as opposed to smaller ones like
inproving a comment) should always go through a RTC process (review then
commit) in stead of CTR (commit then review)  before stuff gets persisted
in code repositories.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Question on JIRA's

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Selva,

I found the following (albeit somewhat dated), that may shed some light:

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

*ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>*
Services & Solutions for Cloud-
Based Manufacturing, Professional
Services and Retail & Trade
http://www.orrtiz.com

Re: Question on JIRA's

Posted by Selva Govindarajan <se...@esgyn.com>.

Re: Question on JIRA's

Posted by "Moran, Amanda" <am...@hp.com>.
Pierre-

Re: Question on JIRA's

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1, it's a good idea not to reassign a JIRA without consent of the current
assignee, or if the current assignee doesn't respond to an inquiry on the
JIRA after a reasonable amount of time. Helps prevent misunderstandings and
hurt feelings.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy