Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/26 23:58:25 UTC

[VOTE] s:selectItems to tomahawk

Hi,

I'm planning to promote s:selectItems to tomahawk. Component satisfies all
of the requirements needed for promotion.

Regards,

Cagatay

http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox/selectItems.html

Re: [VOTE] s:selectItems to tomahawk

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Volker Weber <we...@googlemail.com>.
Why not having a "commons-component" library?
For converters and validators we neet also another TDL with another prefix.

I prefer to follow Bernds suggestion of having multiple commons artifacts.
Alternativly we can put all tag-components
(components/converters/validators/...?)
together into a single artifact.Or just all into a myfaces-commons jar,
but IMHO we can't go without at least one new TLD.

> Wouldn't that be really confusing for the end user. He would have to
> define another TLD in his JSP headers which is not really a component
> collection but rather a... what?
> Therefore my feeling is, that this one belongs more to a component
> library than the common jsf utilities collection.

The suggested common-component is really a component-library with
components completly independend of any jsf-implementation or
renderkit,
and the converter/validator artifacts are tag-librarys.

Regards,
    Volker

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
+1 for promoting to tomahawk now and perhaps moving stuff to commons
later.  Now I need to read the commons proposal ...

sean

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes, d'accord!

Posted by Volker Weber <we...@googlemail.com>.
This are two related threads,

Cagatay wants to promote the component into tomahawk.
Some (at least me) want to have the component in a renderkid indepenend commons.

I don't like to put it now into tomahawk and next month (or so) from
tomahawk into the new commons.

If we decide to have commons-component/validators/converters in the
near future,
it makes imho no sense to put such a component into tomahawk in the meantime.

Posted by Zubin Wadia <zw...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hello Manfred,

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
that would be great;

from what I got out of that commons thread is that they wanna have
*common utils* in that jar first. no response to the "adding
validators/converters" proposal so far.
Only Bernd had also something similar (security;fileupload,...)

-M

On 11/27/06, Volker Weber <we...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i didn't know this component before, looks very usefull.
>
> I prefer to have this in the new commons project, to enabel the use in
> non tomahawk applications e.g. tobago. There is no renderer specific
> stuff involed?
>
> Regards,
>   Volker
>

> 2006/11/26, Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm planning to promote s:selectItems to tomahawk. Component satisfies all
> > of the requirements needed for promotion.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Cagatay
> >
> >  http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox/selectItems.html

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh

further stuff:
mail: mwessendorf-at-gmail-dot-com

Re: [VOTE] s:selectItems to tomahawk

Posted by Volker Weber <we...@googlemail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
+1 for that great component

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi!
> I'm planning to promote s:selectItems to tomahawk. Component satisfies
> all of the requirements needed for promotion.
+1

Ciao,
Mario

Re: [VOTE] s:selectItems to tomahawk

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1
we already have been using this component in production for some time
without any issues

Manfred