Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by waaraa1331 <wa...@yahoo.com> on 2008/10/20 20:33:54 UTC

repository not deploying, not sure why

Hello,
I am trying to get archiva to work with maven and I have added the remote
repositories I want to use to archiva, all users and passwords are correct.
I have the repositories listed in settings.xml and the POM file includes the
snapshot and internal repositories of archiva.  The following error message
occurs when I try to do a mvn install and I'm not sure what else to check.

2) com.blah:sys-net:jar:2.0

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.blah -DartifactId=sys-net
-Dversi
on=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:

      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=com.blah -DartifactId=sys-net
-Dversion
=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) com.blah:simulator:jar:2.0
        2) com.blah:sys-net:jar:2.0

3) com.blah:sys-config:jar:2.0

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.blah -DartifactId=sys-config
-Dve
rsion=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:

      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=com.blah -DartifactId=sys-config
-Dvers
ion=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url] -DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) com.blah:simulator:jar:2.0
        2) com.blah:sys-config:jar:2.0

----------
3 required artifacts are missing.

for artifact:
  com.blah:simulator:jar:2.0

from the specified remote repositories:
  snapshot (http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/snapshot),
  internal (http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/internal)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 6 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Oct 20 13:06:58 CDT 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 6M/11M
[INFO]

C:\dev\sim\trunk>mvn install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building blah Device Load Simulator
[INFO]    task-segment: [install]
[INFO]
[INFO] [resources:resources]
Downloading: http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/internal/com/blah/blah
-core/2.0/blah-core-2.0.pom
Downloading: http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/snapshot/com/blah/blah
-core/2.0/blah-core-2.0.pom
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/blah/blah-core/2.0/blah-cor
e-2.0.pom
Downloading:
http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/internal/com/blah/sys-ne
t/2.0/sys-net-2.0.pom
Downloading:
http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/snapshot/com/blah/sys-ne
t/2.0/sys-net-2.0.pom
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/blah/sys-net/2.0/sys-net-2.0.po
Downloading:
http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/internal/com/blah/sys-co
nfig/2.0/sys-config-2.0.pom
Downloading:
http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/snapshot/com/blah/sys-co
nfig/2.0/sys-config-2.0.pom
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/blah/sys-config/2.0/sys-config-
2.0.pom
Downloading: http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/internal/com/blah/blah
-core/2.0/blah-core-2.0.jar
Downloading: http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/snapshot/com/blah/blah
-core/2.0/blah-core-2.0.jar
Downloading: http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/blah/blah-core/2.0/blah-cor
e-2.0.jar
Downloading:
http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/internal/com/blah/sys-ne
t/2.0/sys-net-2.0.jar
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/blah/sys-net/2.0/sys-net-2.0.ja
Downloading:
http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/internal/com/blah/sys-co
nfig/2.0/sys-config-2.0.jar
Downloading:
http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/snapshot/com/blah/sys-co
nfig/2.0/sys-config-2.0.jar
Downloading:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/blah/sys-config/2.0/sys-config-
2.0.jar
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to resolve artifact.

Missing:
----------
1) com.blah:blah-core:jar:2.0

  Then, install it using the command:
      mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.blah -DartifactId=blah-core -Dv
ersion=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

there:

      mvn deploy:deploy-file -DgroupId=com.blah -DartifactId=blah-core -Dver
sion=2.0 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file -Durl=[url]
-DrepositoryId=[id]

  Path to dependency:
        1) com.blah:simulator:jar:2.0
        2) com.blah:blah-core:jar:2.0

[...]

[INFO] Total time: 3 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Oct 20 13:16:57 CDT 2008
[...]

2008-10-20 13:01:53,147 [http-8080-7] INFO
org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors  - Transfer
not attempted on
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/blah/blah-core/2.0/blah-core-2.0.pom : NO
to fetch, check-failures detected previous failure on url:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/blah/blah-core/2.0/blah-core-2.0.pom
2008-10-20 13:01:54,595 [http-8080-6] WARN
org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors  - Transfer
error from repository "central" for artifact com.blah:sys-net:2.0::pom,
continuing to next repository. Error message: Download failure on resource
[http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/blah/sys-net/2.0/sys-net-2.0.pom]:Error
transferring file (cause: java.net.UnknownHostException: repo1.maven.org)
2008-10-20 13:01:54,595 [http-8080-6] ERROR
org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.ArchivaDavResourceFactory  - Failures
occurred downloading from some remote repositories:
        central: Download failure on resource
[http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/blah/sys-net/2.0/sys-net-2.0.pom]:Error
transferring file (cause: java.net.UnknownHostException: repo1.maven.org)
org.apache.maven.archiva.policies.ProxyDownloadException: Failures occurred
downloading from some remote repositories:
        central: Download failure on resource
[http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/blah/sys-net/2.0/sys-net-2.0.pom]:Error
transferring file (cause: java.net.UnknownHostException: repo1.maven.org)
        at
org.apache.maven.archiva.proxy.DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors.fetchFromProxies(DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors.java:191)
        at
org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.ArchivaDavResourceFactory.fetchContentFromProxies(ArchivaDavResourceFactory.java:535)
        at
org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.ArchivaDavResourceFactory.doGet(ArchivaDavResourceFactory.java:439)
        at
org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.ArchivaDavResourceFactory.createResource(ArchivaDavResourceFactory.java:256)
        at
org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.RepositoryServlet.service(RepositoryServlet.java:118)
        at
        at
        at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.doFilter(FilterDispatcher.java:189)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at
com.opensymphony.module.sitemesh.filter.PageFilter.doFilter(PageFilter.java:39)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at
com.opensymphony.webwork.dispatcher.ActionContextCleanUp.doFilter(ActionContextCleanUp.java:88)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:286)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:845)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:447)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

maven error message

[...]

  snapshot (http://localhost/archiva/repository/snapshot),
  internal (http://localhost/archiva/repository/internal)

[INFO]
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 4 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Oct 20 13:17:44 CDT 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 6M/11M
[INFO]

Re: repository not deploying, not sure why

Posted by Michael Mallete <mr...@gmail.com>.
are the artifacts:

1) com.blah:simulator:jar:2.0
2) com.blah:blah-core:jar:2.0

in your archiva server?

from your logs, you can check:

http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/internal/com/blah/simulator/2.0/
http://66.195.102.216/archiva/repository/internal/com/blah/blah-core/2.0/

if both artifacts indeed exist. otherwise you may need to upload them.