Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Andy Jefferies <aj...@vrisko.com> on 2002/02/18 12:41:29 UTC

Locating DTD's whilst transforming with Streams

I'm using the jaxp interfaces to transform using xerces1.4.4 and
xalan2.2.0.  When I try to transform using the Transformer supplying
the XML & XSL as StreamSource's - I get a SAXParseException
detailing my DTD cannot be found.

I can solve this creating a Document through a DocumentBuilder
and setting an EntityResolver to locate my DTD, then suppying
the Document to Xalan with a DOMSource, but I was hoping there
was a Xalan equivilent to EntityResolver?

Or is there a better way - some of my Document's can be up to 1Mb
on disk, so I assume a Stream would be better than DOM.

Many thanks,
Andy.