Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by Goden Yao <go...@apache.org> on 2016/07/01 17:23:23 UTC

Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-incubating Release

Just a reminder: please download the source tarball, compile and check if
there's any issues related to IP.
Appreciate your feedback

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Thanks! I've also filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-914
which I would
leave up to Goden to decide how blocking for the 2.0.0.0-incubating
release it really is.

And also https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-915 which is
definitely a blocker.

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.

Re: HAWQ 2.0.0-incubating Release

Posted by Goden Yao <go...@apache.org>.
Thanks Alan.

Just a reminder - when you do commits in master, please check the JIRA
associated with it and if it's labeled "2.0.0.0-incubating" in fix version,
please port your commits to the release branch and close the JIRA.

I can see in the past a couple days,

   - HAWQ-915 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-915> RAT is
   failing on the latest maste
   - HAWQ-926 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HAWQ-926> Remove
   pycrypto from source code

They're both needed in this release but I don't see them being ported to
the release branch and as the JIRAs stay open, I'm not sure if the
assignees plan to augment the commits or not.

Please check. thank you.

-Goden

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.
seems not good.

​

Re: [VOTE] HAWQ 2.0.0-incubating Release

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.
found a new one:

Posted by Radar Da lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Paul Guo <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Guo <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Radar Da lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Goden,

Posted by Radar Da lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks Goden.

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Thanks Goden!

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Lei Chang <le...@apache.org>.

Posted by Radar Da lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Lei Chang <le...@apache.org>.
Good discussion. since it is the first hawq release, all the release
related processes are not discussed on this mailing list.

I think it is a good time to have an open discussion around it.

Cheers
Lei

Posted by Vineet Goel <vv...@apache.org>.
Radar,

Posted by Radar Da lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Vineet,

Posted by Vineet Goel <vv...@apache.org>.
Radar,

Posted by Radar Da lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.
So we have 2 blocking issues:

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by "Ting(Goden) Yao" <ty...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Guo Gang <pa...@gmail.com>.
Goden, It seems that we need all of the features could be compiled in
source tarball (i.e. non-git workspace) before the release, but this seems
to be not the case in the tarball. See JIRA HAWQ-867 (Replace the
git-submobule mechanism with git-clone). I think we need a new source
version. Thanks.