Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by MICHAEL PATTERSON <mp...@msn.com> on 2003/10/17 00:14:17 UTC

[users@httpd] password aging

I'm not real familiar with apache, but we have a request to age apache
logins and have them expire after 90 days.  I have looked at the generic
htaccess process.  Some folks have pointed me at mod_ldap, mod_auth_dbm,
etc., but I don't see aging possibilities there either.  Any help would be
appreciated.  Thanks.

Want to check if your PC is virus-infected?  Get a FREE computer virus scan
online from McAfee.

Re: [users@httpd] password aging

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003, MICHAEL PATTERSON wrote:

> I'm not real familiar with apache, but we have a request to age apache
> logins and have them expire after 90 days.  I have looked at the generic
> htaccess process.  Some folks have pointed me at mod_ldap, mod_auth_dbm,
> etc., but I don't see aging possibilities there either.  Any help would be
> appreciated.  Thanks.

In general, apache and its modules simply verify a password against a
database.  Management of that database (adding users, changing passwords,
etc) must be setup independently.  The same would go for password aging.

Joshua.