Posted to dev@tapestry.apache.org by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com> on 2012/09/11 11:18:31 UTC

Serverside push

Hi Tapestry team,

As you may be aware, I've created a push implementation for tapestry [1]
based on CometD [2]. I have seen recently that both wicket and primefaces
are supporting push using atmosphere [3] which is far more portable than
CometD.

When I introduced tapestry-cometd, Howard mentioned that he was keen to
include something similar in tapestry [4]. More recently he has said that he
intends to include push support in tapestry by december [5].

So, before I go ahead and move from cometd to atmosphere, I'd like to know
whether the tapestry team plan to use my implementation as a basis for the
tapestry push functionality or if you plan to do a clean room implementation
(in which case I won't bother).

Cheers,
Lance.

[1] https://github.com/uklance/tapestry-cometd
[2] http://cometd.org/
[3] https://github.com/Atmosphere/atmosphere
[4]
http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/Announcement-Beta-release-of-tapestry-cometd-td5714020.html
[5] https://speakerdeck.com/u/hlship/p/tapestry-5-dot-4-in-the-pipeline

Re: Serverside push

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 11 Sep 2012 06:18:31 -0300, Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Tapestry team,

Hi, Lance!

> So, before I go ahead and move from cometd to atmosphere, I'd like to
> know whether the tapestry team plan to use my implementation as a basis
> for the tapestry push functionality or if you plan to do a clean room
> implementation (in which case I won't bother).

Atmosphere is Apache-licensed, so, if you write code with quality and
tests, something I'm sure you'll do, there's no reason why not to adopt it
IMHO. ;)

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo