Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Rob Oxspring <ro...@apache.org> on 2003/04/07 18:15:59 UTC

Re: No more newsletter?

Hi Otis,

Just after posting the last content request some day job changes have been eating up all my time.

If people want to send updated content to me in the next day or two I can put out a Feb+Mar draft sometime on Wednesday...

Thoughts?

Sorry all,

Rob

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.

>In truth the wiki could remove the "right now" part of the problem - the wiki will allow people to add stuff as soon as it happens
>rather than looking back at the end of the month.  Whether people will take advantage of this is another issue though.

No...that would be a Blog^M^M^M^M^M Syndicated Feed supporting RSSx a/o
RDF. ;-)

Re: No more newsletter?

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.
On Tuesday, April 8, 2003, at 10:42 AM, Rob Oxspring wrote:

> [...]

<snip>

>> i think a lot of the effort is persuading people to contribute and
>> reminding them that this is something they need to do right now. i wonder
>> if there's a way that we could make that more efficient too.
>>

> In truth the wiki could remove the "right now" part of the problem - the
> wiki will allow people to add stuff as soon as it happens
> rather than looking back at the end of the month.  Whether people will
> take advantage of this is another issue though.

i'd say that 'right now' is a double edged sword. it makes things more
difficult in some ways but it's easy to put things off unless there's a
deadline. maybe people need to make more noise on the lists.

- robert

Re: No more newsletter?

Posted by Rob Oxspring <ro...@apache.org>.
Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@blueyonder.co.uk>.

Re: No more newsletter?

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
I know that I'm an evil bad person for even thinking about this let
alone suggesting it.  However, this is like the kind of thing that I see
the wiki as being good for.  Think of this.  Rob puts a new page on the
wiki, "JakartaNewsletterDrafts/2003/April" for instance.  Then he says
"Alright Kiddies!  Go edit your own damn newsletter".

Peeps paste their stuff into the page.  Someone (Rob) grabs that,
formats it and checks it in.

The amount of Rob's time consumed would shrink.

-Andy