Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com> on 2011/04/01 10:23:08 UTC

Change to Getting Started page (was Re: [VOTE] Stop publishing release artefacts for unmaintained components (was Re: 0.10 release update - RC1 and status))

On 03/31/2011 08:06 PM, Robert Godfrey wrote:
> I'm generally +1 with removing all three.  Is there any documentation that
> needs to be altered though?

Yes, good point. There are a couple of links on the 'Getting Started'
page that should be removed (pointing at examples for the 0-10 .net &
ruby clients).

The getting started page could actually do with a bit of work in
general, but attached is a patch that removes these. I think this would
be worth doing in any event (i.e. regardless of the outcome of the vote)
as at present we are really inviting people to get started with stale
components. Any objections to committing this?