Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/04 08:57:52 UTC

Heap dump of servlet

I have a servlet running under tomcat. Question is how do I take haeap
dump of only servlet instance. On stand alone applications it's easy
to do with kill -QUIT PID but in this case there is no PID of a
servlet. If I do on tomcat's PID then I'll get lost.

RE: Heap dump of servlet

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
i would use either jmap, jhat or jconsole..instructions located at
http://www.rtidemo.org/drupal/node/122

Martin
Disclaimer and confidentiality note

RE: Heap dump of servlet

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: Mohit Anchlia [mailto:mohitanchlia@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Heap dump of servlet
>
> Is there any way to get just the heapdump of servlet threads?

Since the heap is shared by all threads in the JVM, there's no such thing as a "heapdump of servlet threads".  Use jmap or similar tools to see what's in the heap of a running JVM.

 - Chuck

Re: Heap dump of servlet

Posted by Mohit Anchlia <mo...@gmail.com>.

Re: Heap dump of servlet