Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/26 02:09:19 UTC

engine javadoc on the web

There was some interest a while back about having the Derby engine
javadoc posted somewhere on the web. I posted a copy here:

http://cvs.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/derby_javadoc/engine/

If there is interest, I could keep this updated automatically. Please
let me know.

Thanks,
andrew

Re: engine javadoc on the web

Posted by Amit Handa <Am...@Sun.COM>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

>On Sat, 26 Mar 2005 09:31:40 -0800, Jean T. Anderson
><jt...@bristowhill.com> wrote:
>

>>Andrew, if you'd rather have a http://incubator.apache.org/derby/javadoc
>>location, you could copy the javadoc to /www/incubator.apache.org/derby
>>on minotaur.
>>

>Yes, that would be better. Next time I update it, I'll send it there.
>

>>It still leaves open the issue of producing javadoc for a specific
>>build, but it would be nice to make this available in the meantime.

Let's have a JIRA for it and track this...

>Well, there has been some discussion recently on the infrastructure
>lists (before the infrathon) about possibly providing a location to do
>real nightly builds. Maybe once that is set up...
>
>andrew

Yes I think this would be good especially when we have very less doc
otherwise
for implementation classes/interfaces of derby, and browsable on the
derby site
would be just great :) and available for download as a bundle as well.

Re: engine javadoc on the web

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.

Re: engine javadoc on the web

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Andrew, if you'd rather have a http://incubator.apache.org/derby/javadoc
location, you could copy the javadoc to /www/incubator.apache.org/derby
on minotaur.

The derby forrest-generated site could link to the javadoc, but not
build it -- and therefore avoid my complaints about overstuffing the
forrest src hierarchy and slowing down web site build times. :-)
'forrest site' would report a broken link error for the javadoc, but
that isn't a problem.

It still leaves open the issue of producing javadoc for a specific
build, but it would be nice to make this available in the meantime.

  -jean

p.s. http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/derby_web.html currently
says to login to cvs.apache.org to make web site changes visible. That
happens to work right now, but I'll correct it to say
minotaur.apache.org, which is where we're supposed to be pushing web
site changes. That gets synced to www.apache.org periodically.

Re: engine javadoc on the web

Posted by Dibyendu Majumdar <di...@mazumdar.demon.co.uk>.
Jean T. Anderson wrote:
> I added javadoc links to the derby web site and also updated Dibyendu's
> writeup on logging and recovery at
> http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/recovery.html .

That's brilliant! Thank you.

Dibyendu

Re: engine javadoc on the web

Posted by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> I've set up a nightly sync of all the javadoc at the following URL,
> per Jean's suggestion:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/derby/javadoc/

I added javadoc links to the derby web site and also updated Dibyendu's
writeup on logging and recovery at
http://incubator.apache.org/derby/papers/recovery.html .

> I've also set up a nightly sync of built user documentation to:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/

I added links to the new docs to the derby site Manuals navigation menu,
but those changes won't be visible until the next www.apache.org sync.

  -jean

Re: engine javadoc on the web

Posted by Andrew McIntyre <mc...@gmail.com>.
On 4/7/05, Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com> wrote:
> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>
> > There was some interest a while back about having the Derby engine
> > javadoc posted somewhere on the web.
>
> It would be excellent to keep this updated automatically in a known place.
>
> One addition needed would be a generation data and/or svn revision
> number on the index page, or maybe in each header or footer.

I've set up a nightly sync of all the javadoc at the following URL,
per Jean's suggestion:

http://incubator.apache.org/derby/javadoc/

The sync should begin this evening. Engine javadoc specifically is here:

http://incubator.apache.org/derby/javadoc/engine/

I've also set up a nightly sync of built user documentation to:

http://incubator.apache.org/derby/docs/

Currently, the modification date on the directories at the URLs listed
above will give a general idea of how recently it was built, but I
will file JIRA entries for adding timestamps to both the javadoc and
userdoc build.

andrew

Re: engine javadoc on the web

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@debrunners.com>.
Andrew McIntyre wrote:

> There was some interest a while back about having the Derby engine
> javadoc posted somewhere on the web. I posted a copy here:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/~fuzzylogic/derby_javadoc/engine/
>
> If there is interest, I could keep this updated automatically. Please
> let me know.

It would be excellent to keep this updated automatically in a known place.

One addition needed would be a generation data and/or svn revision
number on the index page, or maybe in each header or footer.

Thanks,
Dan.