Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com> on 2004/11/29 11:24:40 UTC

Re: Website improvement - downloads

In my opinion ;-)

the Axis website is constructed wrongly. It is Java focussed and then C
appears to have been tacked on. I guess this is heriditary before C really
got a grip.

I suggest we move to change the page so that Java and C are of equal
standing. Tha way we could improve the site so that C has exactly the same
links (in the side bar) as Java.

I understand that Java is far more stablished however, I don't think that
should really affect the web-site anymore?

John Hawkins

             Samisa Abeysinghe
             <samisa_abeysingh
                                       axis-c-dev@ws.apache.org
             29/11/2004 05:52                                           cc

                                                                   Subject
             Please respond to         Website improvement - downloads
              "Apache AXIS C
             Developers List"

Hi all,
    Few thoughts on the download info:
1. Would it be a good idea to mention nightly builds and have a link to
nightly build page (http://cvs.apache.org/dist/axis/nightly) from download
page (http://ws.apache.org/axis/cpp/download.html)?

2. The release page (http://ws.apache.org/axis/releases.html) , liked from
axis c++ page, has no info on Axis C++ stuff. I think we must have our own
release page similar to Axis Java (an should notput the info on the same
page as with Axis Java)

Thanks,
Samisa...

Do you Yahoo!?

Re: Website improvement - downloads

Posted by sanjaya singharage <sa...@opensource.lk>.
Hoping the java guys would be ok... +1.

sanjaya.
Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
+1 from me.

Sanjiva.

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@hursley.ibm.com>.
+1 from me

Paul

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@yahoo.com>.
+1 from me too!

Samisa...

http://my.yahoo.com

RE: Website improvement - downloads

Posted by Farhaan Mohideen <fa...@opensource.lk>.
We will be able to start working on it soon after 1.4 alpha is released

Farhaan

Posted by John Hawkins <HA...@uk.ibm.com>.

Posted by Damitha Kumarage <da...@opensource.lk>.