Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Justin Thomas <Ju...@RCP.co.uk> on 2003/03/19 10:29:49 UTC

Saxon/Xerces

Please can someone help me out with my problem?

I don't want to use XALAN in ANT because it is causing problems with other
projects I am running.  I want ANT to use Saxon as the XSL transformer.  I
must be able to specify this in my junitreport section?

here is my generation part, what do I need to add to make it use saxon?

Thanks in advance

 <target name="allTestsOutput" >
        <junit printsummary="true">
            <formatter type="xml"/>

            <batchtest todir="${reports.dir}">
                <fileset dir="${build.dir}" includes="**/*Test.class"/>
            </batchtest>

            <classpath>
                <pathelement location="${build.dir}"/>
            </classpath>
        </junit>

        <!-- produce nice html report-->
        <junitreport todir="${reports.dir}">
            <fileset dir="${reports.dir}">
                <include name="TEST-*.xml"/>
            </fileset>

            <report format="frames" todir="${reports.dir}/html"/>
        </junitreport>

    </target>

Re: Saxon/Xerces

Posted by Simon David Kelly <Pa...@netscape.net>.
Justin,

If you take a look in the ant manual
(http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html) in the Installing ant section.
 The section on Library Dependencies shows the jars you need to include
certain functionality in ant.

First in the list is
Quote:
Jar Name: An XSL transformer like Xalan or XSL:P
Needed for: style task
unQuote

You should be able to use something other than xalan as long as the (and
don't quote me on this) classes required are of the same name. I
*think*, and again don't quote me on this, that the major tasks are all
named the same i.e. Process etc., and ant will *somehow* bypass the
package naming.

Cheers

Simon

Justin.Thomas@RCP.co.uk wrote:

>Please can someone help me out with my problem?
>
>I don't want to use XALAN in ANT because it is causing problems with other
>projects I am running.  I want ANT to use Saxon as the XSL transformer.  I
>must be able to specify this in my junitreport section?
>
>here is my generation part, what do I need to add to make it use saxon?
>
>Thanks in advance
>

> <target name="allTestsOutput" >
>        <junit printsummary="true">
>            <formatter type="xml"/>
>

>            <batchtest todir="${reports.dir}">
>                <fileset dir="${build.dir}" includes="**/*Test.class"/>
>            </batchtest>
>
>            <classpath>
>                <pathelement location="${build.dir}"/>
>            </classpath>
>        </junit>
>
>        <!-- produce nice html report-->
>        <junitreport todir="${reports.dir}">
>            <fileset dir="${reports.dir}">
>                <include name="TEST-*.xml"/>
>            </fileset>
>
>            <report format="frames" todir="${reports.dir}/html"/>
>        </junitreport>
>
>    </target>

Simon

"If it can't be done on the command line,
it ain't worth doing!"

Re: Saxon/Xerces

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 19 Mar 2003, Justin Thomas <Ju...@rcp.co.uk> wrote:

> I want ANT to use Saxon as the XSL transformer.  I must be able to
> specify this in my junitreport section?

You can use Saxon as your XSL transformer in <xslt> without too much
problems (you'll have to specify which TransformerFactory to use by
the usual means of TraX, probably setting a system property).
<junitreport> is different, it explicitly requires Xalan.

I'm not too sure whether we could drop the requirement for people
providing stylesheets of their own (we probably could), but the
built-in stylesheets for <junitreport> use the Xalan redirect
extension, so Saxon wouldn't be an option here.

Stefan