Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by sram <sh...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/25 01:27:53 UTC

upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0

We are upgrading ActiveMQ 3.0 to 4.0,

Just wondering best way to replace following persistance code

File f = new File(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir"),"ltsEvent");
PersistanceAdapter padapter =
persistenceFactory.createPersistenceAdapter(f,new
MemoryBoundedObjectManager(BusName,MaxEvents);

broker.setPersistenceAdapter(new JournalPersistenceAdapter(new
File(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir")), padapter);

since MemoryBoundedObjectManager is not supported, I am looking for best
alternative way to configure broker for persistance.

Also, If I did not configure the persistance will it use the default derby
for persistance

Do you know where I can find on how to set Persistance adapter in 4.0
similar to the above 3.0 config.

I am still trying to find activemq site with not much luck

Re: upgrade from 3.0 to 4.0

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
The easiest way to do that is:

        BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();
        broker.setPersistent(false);
        broker.start();

or if you want to configure the broker using an external xbean
configuration file:

        BrokerService broker = BrokerFactory.createBroker(new
URI("xbean:file:/path_to_file.xml"));
        broker.start();

On 5/24/06, sram <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are upgrading ActiveMQ 3.0 to 4.0,
>
> Just wondering best way to replace following persistance code
>
> File f = new File(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir"),"ltsEvent");
> PersistanceAdapter padapter =
> persistenceFactory.createPersistenceAdapter(f,new
> MemoryBoundedObjectManager(BusName,MaxEvents);
>
> broker.setPersistenceAdapter(new JournalPersistenceAdapter(new
> File(System.getProperty("java.io.tmpdir")), padapter);
>
> since MemoryBoundedObjectManager is not supported, I am looking for best
> alternative way to configure broker for persistance.
>
> Also, If I did not configure the persistance will it use the default derby
> for persistance
>

> Do you know where I can find on how to set Persistance adapter in 4.0
> similar to the above 3.0 config.
>

> I am still trying to find activemq site with not much luck

> Sent from the ActiveMQ - Dev forum at Nabble.com.

Hiram