Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Karl Kirch <kk...@wdtinc.com> on 2013/04/23 17:50:17 UTC

Expected behavior for clustered kafka setup

Our setup is a three node cluster, we have a Kafka 0.7.2 (with 10 partitions per node) and Zookeeper 3.3.4 on each node. I'm seeing that only one broker is being used to actually send messages through. We're seeing this behavior after a restart and deletion of the kafka data (/tmp/kafka-logs). In the past its used all three and worked fine.

Is this normal? (i.e. it takes some time to spread across the cluster) Or should it distribute stuff immediately?

Karl

Re: Expected behavior for clustered kafka setup

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
It doesn't really matter, but bringing ZK up first is probably better.

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by Karl Kirch <kk...@wdtinc.com>.
Thanks,