Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Martin Hebrank <ma...@flashline.com> on 2001/05/08 23:24:42 UTC

Installing on Weblogic 6?

Has anyone managed to do this?

I'm currently trying using the latest cvs source. At start time the server
says:

initializing service: ResourcesService
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/turbine/services/resources/ResourceService
        at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.getInitableInstance(BaseInitableBroker.java:249) rethrown as org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: A class referenced by org.apache.jetspeed.services.resources.VariableResourcesService is unavailable. Check your jars and classes.
        at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.getInitableInstance(BaseInitableBroker.java:284)
        at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseServiceBroker.java:286) rethrown as org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: Failed to instantiate service ResourcesService
        at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseServiceBroker.java:296)
        at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.initServices(BaseServiceBroker.java:164)
        at org.apache.turbine.services.TurbineServices.getInstance(TurbineServices.java:152)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(Turbine.java:155)

i'm quite sure that it is in the turbine.jar file and that the turbine.jar
file is in the classpath. Am i missing something?

** Martin

--
Martin Hebrank @ Flashline.com
216.861.4000x313

Re: Installing on Weblogic 6?

Posted by Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>.
Raphaël Luta wrote:

> Martin Hebrank wrote:
>
>>Has anyone managed to do this?
>>
>>I'm currently trying using the latest cvs source. At start time the server
>>says:
>>
>>initializing service: ResourcesService
>>java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/turbine/services/resources/ResourceService
>>        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
>>        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:120)
>>        at org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.getInitableInstance(BaseInitableBroker.java:249) rethrown as org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: A class referenced by org.apache.jetspeed.services.resources.VariableResourcesService is unavailable. Check your jars and classes.
>>

> It looks like a classloader issue for me: Jetspeed and Turbine are probabky loaded by 2
> different classloaders. Make sure you don't have other Turbine jars sitting in your server
> or system classpath.

See also:
 > A class referenced by
 >org.apache.jetspeed.services.resources.VariableResourcesService is
 >unavailable. Check your jars and classes.

It could also be due to Turbine not being able to read the
TurbineResources.properties (or including the
JetspeedResources.properties) correctly. Also, the velocity jar missing,
old, or colliding from a different classloader. Or even a missing
servlet 2.2 api feature required in VariableResources.

Re: Installing on Weblogic 6?

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.

RE: Installing on Weblogic 6?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
With the latest source we are using the TDK (turbine-TDKa13.jar), and its in
the webapp/WEB-INF/lib directory
How did you deploy jetspeed, did you build from the build directory 'build
webapp'?

- david

RE: Installing on Weblogic 6?

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Sorry, I just realised your question had to do with weblogic.
Yes, I know of an installation with jetspeed running on weblogic.
I hope to have a FAQ on how to configure it soon,

- david