Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by "Mark A. Claassen" <MC...@ocie.net> on 2016/03/15 21:10:09 UTC

WinHttpClients

In the release notes for 4.4, there is the following:

	Native Windows Negotiate and NTLM via SSPI through JNA: when running on
	Windows OS HttpClient configured to use native NTLM or SPNEGO authentication
	schemes can make use of platform specific functionality via JNA and current
	user credentials. This functionality is still considered experimental, known
	to have compatibility issues and subject to change without prior notice.

However, the WinHttpClients class seems to work great.  Are there known issues, or is this now considered pretty reliable?  Is there something similar for the Mac?

Thanks,
Mark

Disclaimer:
The opinions provided herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of Donnell Systems, Inc.(DSI). DSI makes no warranty for and assumes no legal liability or responsibility for the posting.

RE: WinHttpClients

Posted by "Mark A. Claassen" <MC...@ocie.net>.
Thanks.  I will use it with a bit of caution then.  I appreciate their being around, but understand the support issues.

On Tue, 2016-03-15 at 20:10 +0000, Mark A. Claassen wrote:
> In the release notes for 4.4, there is the following:
>
> 	Native Windows Negotiate and NTLM via SSPI through JNA: when running on
> 	Windows OS HttpClient configured to use native NTLM or SPNEGO authentication
> 	schemes can make use of platform specific functionality via JNA and current
> 	user credentials. This functionality is still considered experimental, known
> 	to have compatibility issues and subject to change without prior notice.
>
> However, the WinHttpClients class seems to work great.  Are there known issues, or is this now considered pretty reliable?  Is there something similar for the Mac?

Hi Mark

There are several unresolved issues related to JNA / NTLM via SSPI. You can look them up in Jira.

The main problem is that we have no one capable and willing to develop this module further.

I am glad it has been working working well for you, but there is no way of knowing if it works equally well with all numerous MS products and their combinations.

Oleg

Re: WinHttpClients

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.