Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org> on 2013/06/28 06:10:08 UTC

Launching OpenOffice on windows 8 after a silent installation

Hello,

There are some issues about installing OpenOffice in a Windows 8 desktop:

I can find and launch all the program in "program" folder under my
installation path. (Refer to the attached screenshot)

But I still have two problems:

1. After installation, Openoffice can not be found both in "Programs and
Features" item of control pannel and "All apps" item of Metro UI.

   Whether is this normal?

2. Except going to the program folder, whether can end user launch
openoffice by other method easily?

    I haven't found any launch icon or shortcut (including
desktop/metro/system tray icons).

--
Alexandro Colorado
Apache OpenOffice Contributor

Re: Launching OpenOffice on windows 8 after a silent installation

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 1:20 PM, nikita sharma <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Alexandro,
>
> I just installed OpenOffice.Org 3.4.1 on my Win8 and I am successfully able
> to see the icon for Openoffice.org 3.4.1 in "Programs and Features" item
> under "Control Panel ".
>
> Also, I can see 6 to 7 icons of OpenOffice Application in "All Apps" in
> Metro UI.

​Thank you for your confirmation. This was a silent install of OpenOffice
done from command prompt, using the following line:

msiexec /a "C:\Users\Public\Documents\Ressourcen\OOo\400\2013-06-15_DEV\2013-06-14_1493305\openoffice400.msi"
TARGETDIR="C:\OOo_Server\400\2013-06-14" /L*V "AOOo4.log" /qr

​The Path could change depending on the location of the files and timestamp
of the build.​

Posted by nikita sharma <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi Alexandro,

Posted by nikita sharma <ni...@gmail.com>.