Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Shannon Eric Peevey <sp...@unt.edu> on 2003/04/21 21:39:16 UTC

need for a ported version of apache::authnetldap?

Hi!

I have ported apache::authnetldap to work with Apache 2.  We have been
using this module for over two years with apache 1.3, and are looking
for an upgrade path to apache2.  The new mod works well, and allows us
to authenticate against an ldap server using most of apaches built-in
auth schemes.  (htgroups files, basic type authentication, etc.  It also
allows our users to authenticate to the servers using the frontpage
clients,  (with no extra configuration of htaccess files, or httpd.conf
file.)  I ported this because it did not seem that the mod_auth_ldap
module could:  narrow the auth filter through htgroup files and require
group, and did not feel like writing a script to add the frontpagehack
config statements into every .htaccess file.

Let me know if there is interest, if this is redundant, and I should
throw my weight into helping with the mod_auth_ldap modules, etc.?  I
will upload the port to cpan as soon as I get a PAUSE account.

thanks,
speeves
cws