Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Charlie Jackson <Ch...@cision.com> on 2009/07/13 23:00:58 UTC

Availability during merge

The wiki page for merging solr cores
(http://wiki.apache.org/solr/MergingSolrIndexes) mentions that the cores
being merged cannot be indexed to during the merge. What about the core
being merged *to*? In terms of the example on the wiki page, I'm asking
if core0 can add docs while core1 and core2 are being merged into it.

Thanks,

- Charlie

Re: Availability during merge

Posted by Jason Rutherglen <ja...@gmail.com>.
Kind of regrettable, I think we can look at changing this in Lucene.

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.