Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Justin Mason <jm...@jmason.org> on 2005/02/17 21:49:51 UTC

Re: Continued problems with RBL

RE: Continued problems with RBL

Posted by Austin Weidner <we...@comcast.net>.
> 1. there have been some reports that Net::DNS will only look at the very
> first nameserver listed in /etc/resolv.conf.   Have you checked how long
> that takes to look up a (non-cached!) record?

I tried switching the order of the nameservers, no luck. Tried adding a new
nameserver (public nameserver), lo luck. Still getting:
---------
debug: RBL: success for 0 of 12 queries
debug: DNS: timeout for rfci_envfrom after 20 seconds
debug: DNS: timeout for NO_DNS_FOR_FROM after 20 seconds
---------
Does Net::DNS even look in resolv.conf? There seems to be some links to a
file called ".resolv.conf". I wonder if Net::DNS isn't even looking there?