Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Matthias Piehl <pi...@gfai.de> on 2001/08/22 18:16:12 UTC

How to flush apache response buffer?

Hello
-----
We created a chat webapplication using Servlets and JSP.

Under Tomcat as stand alone (via port 8080) the method
ServletResponse.flushBuffer(); works fine.
So we can react directly to incoming messages and internal events by putting
the output to the response on this way.

But now we have to set up the application on an apache websever (via port
80) using the connector to tomcat.
The problem is that apache buffers its output by itself. So the simple
flushing of the ServletResponse isn't enough.

Can someone help us, how to flush the response buffer of apache?

- Is there any setting in the configuration files? (like httpd.conf,
server.xml, etc.)

Thanks for all help.

                               Matthias