Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2006/04/17 23:04:28 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "CodingProjects" by JeffLevitt

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by JeffLevitt:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/CodingProjects

  || '''Project Name''' || '''Mentor(s)''' || '''Short Description''' || '''Link to Project Page''' || '''Team Size''' || '''Project Team''' || '''Status''' ||
  || Example Project || David Van Couvering || Provide a short description here || Provide a link to the Wiki page for the project.  This should include a longer description, including work tasks, design suggestions, etc || An estimate for how many people are required to get this project done in three months || The team assigned to this project, if any || The current status ||
+ || Documentation backend work || Jeff Levitt (I would nominate Andrew or Scott Hutinger to replace me though, I think they might be a better fit, if they so desired || Documentation is easy enough to work on, but there exists aneed for improvement to the PDF generation and the overall presentation of our documentation in general.  It seems to me that a useful project would be for a student to examine the stylesheets, transforms, and css files that govern these items in the ASL version of the Open DITA Toolkit that we use for docs and work on the backend to improve them.  Number one on that list would be to implement indexes in our PDF's.  Number 2 might be a master index, either in PDF or html.  Number three might be the overall presentation of the html documentation, as well as the single-file html transform that we currently use.  It would be ideal to have a student here that could work on this because the people who actualy work on the documentation do not have any progr
 amming backgrounds, even if its just XSL. || DerbyDITADocFixes || 1 || NA || Not started ||