Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Matthew Smith <Ma...@g2-inc.com> on 2010/08/19 20:35:57 UTC

ORDER Issue (repost to avoid spam filters)

All,

I am running pig-0.7.0 and I have been running into an issue running the
ORDER command. I have attempted to run pig out of the box on 2 separate
LINUX OS (Ubuntu 10.4 and OpenSuse 11.2) and the same issue has
occurred. I run these commands in a script file:

start = LOAD 'inputData' USING PigStorage('|') AS (sip:chararray,
dip:chararray, sport:int, dport:int, protocol:int, packets:int,
bytes:int, flags:chararray, startTime:long, endTime:long);

target = FILTER start BY sip matches '51.37.8.63';

fail = ORDER target BY bytes DESC;

not_reached = LIMIT fail 10;

dump not_reached;

The error is listed below. I then run:

start = LOAD 'inputData' USING PigStorage('|') AS (sip:chararray,
dip:chararray, sport:int, dport:int, protocol:int, packets:int,
bytes:int, flags:chararray, startTime:long, endTime:long);

target = FILTER start BY sip matches '51.37.8.63';

dump target;

This script produces a large list of sips matching the filter.  What am
I doing wrong that causes pig to not want to ORDER these properly? I
have been wrestling with this issue for a week now. Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Best,

Matthew

/ERROR

java.lang.RuntimeException:

org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.InvalidInputException: Input path
does not exist: file:/user/matt/pigsample_24118161_1282155871461

                at

org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.partitioner

s.WeightedRangePartitioner.setConf(WeightedRangePartitioner.java:135)

                at

org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.setConf(ReflectionUtils.java:62)

                at

org.apache.hadoop.util.ReflectionUtils.newInstance(ReflectionUtils.java:

117)

                at

org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask$NewOutputCollector.<init>(MapTask.java:

527)

                at

org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.runNewMapper(MapTask.java:613)

                at

org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MapTask.run(MapTask.java:305)

                at

org.apache.hadoop.mapred.LocalJobRunner$Job.run(LocalJobRunner.java:177)

Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.InvalidInputException:

Input path does not exist:

file:/user/matt/pigsample_24118161_1282155871461

                at

org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat.listStatus(FileInp

utFormat.java:224)

                at

org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.PigFileInpu

tFormat.listStatus(PigFileInputFormat.java:37)

                at

org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.lib.input.FileInputFormat.getSplits(FileInpu

tFormat.java:241)

                at

org.apache.pig.impl.io.ReadToEndLoader.init(ReadToEndLoader.java:153)

                at

org.apache.pig.impl.io.ReadToEndLoader.<init>(ReadToEndLoader.java:115)

                at

org.apache.pig.backend.hadoop.executionengine.mapReduceLayer.partitioner

s.WeightedRangePartitioner.setConf(WeightedRangePartitioner.java:108)

                ... 6 more

Re: ORDER Issue (repost to avoid spam filters)

Posted by Mridul Muralidharan <mr...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Are you using pig local mode ?
If yes, does this work with hadoop ?

Regards,
Mridul

Posted by Thejas M Nair <te...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Can you check if the initial MR jobs in the order-by query failed because of
some other error ? (specifically the sampling MR job that is part of
order-by). Maybe, for some reason(bug?) pig did not capture/log that error.
-Thejas

Posted by Thejas M Nair <te...@yahoo-inc.com>.