Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Peter Stavrinides <p....@albourne.com> on 2007/01/17 14:56:04 UTC

Friendly URL's and service encoders

Hi everyone

I am having some trouble with friendly URL's.  Getting them to work is
not the problem, but getting two page service encoders to work together
seems unlikely. Maybe there is a better way to do this... I don't know.
I basically want an encoder that will generate friendly URL's for html
pages that use either the external or page services (PageLink of
ExternalLink components).

This is what my encoders look like, both work ok but when used in
tandem, they fight.

<contribution configuration-id="tapestry.url.ServiceEncoders">
    <page-service-encoder id="external" extension="html"
service="external"/>
    <page-service-encoder id="page" extension="html" service="page"/>
</contribution>

Any ideas?

Peter

--
Peter Stavrinides
Albourne Partners (Cyprus) Ltd

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or redistribute it. Please visit http://www.albourne.com/email.html for important additional terms relating to this e-mail.

Re: Friendly URL's and service encoders

Posted by Steve Shucker <ss...@vmsinfo.com>.
I'm not sure if it's legal to map the "html" extension to two different
encoders.  Try using a different extension for the external pages.

-Steve

Posted by Firas Adiler <ta...@idigna.com>.
Peter,

I'm not quite sure where the problem is. Obviously you can't use the same
extension for different encoders. But you can certainly access the SAME page
through a PageLink and an ExternalLink.

In your page class, you would need to implement the activateExternalPage
method of the IExternalPage interface.

Was that of any help?

</Firas>

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <p....@albourne.com>.