Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2017/02/15 17:54:16 UTC

Surveys Discussion: SPM Framework vs Data Tables for User-Defined Surveys

Bringing on to the mailing a discussion, we've been having amongst a number
of volunteers working on building out the UI for the SPM framework.

See

Now I have some other questions regarding the flexibility of the
surveys/SPM framework and how it relates to data tables. Is the surveys
framework only for pre-defined scorecards like PPI, IRIS, MPAT, UN SDGs,
etc? Or is it also to create brand new "surveys".

My first question would be this. If I want to create a survey from scratch
(i.e. a completely unique 15-question business plan survey) should I do
this via a Data Table or should I use your surveys framework. If the
latter, should the surveys framework be used to define a question bank (of
multiple question types - free-form, text, multi-select, etc.) and then
from this question bank, create a survey (i.e. give it a title, select
questions) and then save as a survey). If this is all possible, I want to
work with volunteers to finalize the wireframes Nayan worked on and
implement this survey wizard to create surveys powered by the Surveys
Framework.

Ed

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
Providing the response Markus gave for more context to this question:

My first question would be this. If I want to create a survey from scratch
(i.e. a completely unique 15-question business plan survey) should I do
this via a Data Table or should I use your surveys framework.

Reply from Markus: The SPM framework was built to create any type of
survey/questionnaire.
PPI is just a sample use of it. I was testing it with MPAT, adn even
homebrewn surveys.

So, there is no need to use data tables to create surveys/questionnaires,
the API will allow the generic creation of an UI given fields and data
types are known.

--
*Ed Cable*