Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Demian Katz <de...@villanova.edu> on 2016/07/11 15:32:58 UTC

qf boosts with MoreLikeThis query parser

Hello,

I am currently using field-specific boosts in the qf setting of the MoreLikeThis request handler:

https://github.com/vufind-org/vufind/blob/master/solr/vufind/biblio/conf/solrconfig.xml#L410

I would like to accomplish the same effect using the MoreLikeThis query parser, so that I can take advantage of such benefits as sharding support.

I am currently using Solr 5.5.0, and in spite of trying many syntactical variations, I can't seem to get it to work. Some discussion on this JIRA ticket seems to suggest there may have been some problems caused by parsing limitations:

However, I think my work on this ticket should have eliminated those limitations:

Anyway, this brings up a few questions:

1.)    Is field-specific boosting in qf supported by the MLT query parser, and if so, what syntax should I use?

2.)    If this functionality is supported, but not in v5.5.0, approximately when was it fixed?

3.)    If the functionality is still not working, would it be worth my time to try to fix it, or is it being excluded for a specific reason?

Any and all insight is appreciated. Apologies if the answers are already out there somewhere, but I wasn't able to find them!

thanks,
Demian

Re: qf boosts with MoreLikeThis query parser

Posted by Ere Maijala <er...@helsinki.fi>.
I've now attached a proposed patch to a pre-existing issue
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-9267.

--Ere

--
Ere Maijala
Kansalliskirjasto / The National Library of Finland

Re: qf boosts with MoreLikeThis query parser

Posted by Ere Maijala <er...@helsinki.fi>.

Posted by Ere Maijala <er...@helsinki.fi>.
Hi All,