Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Jean-Paul Natola <jn...@familycareintl.org> on 2005/12/01 04:07:27 UTC

bonded sender

Hi all

I was  just curious ( as it's the first time I came across this)

As to how this can be

-4.3 RCVD_IN_BSP_TRUSTED    RBL: Sender is in Bonded Sender Program (trusted
	relay)
	[IronPort Bonded Sender - <http://www.bondedsender.com>]

On an Oil of olay  message??

Jean-Paul Natola
Network Administrator
Information Technology
Family Care International
588 Broadway Suite 503
New York, NY 10012
Phone:212-941-5300 xt 36
Fax:  212-941-5563
Mailto: Jnatola@Familycareintl.org

Re: bonded sender

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Matt Kettler" <mk...@comcast.net>

> At 10:07 PM 11/30/2005, Jean-Paul Natola wrote:
>>I was  just curious ( as it's the first time I came across this)
>>
>>As to how this can be
>>
>>-4.3 RCVD_IN_BSP_TRUSTED    RBL: Sender is in Bonded Sender Program (trusted
>>         relay)
>>         [IronPort Bonded Sender - <http://www.bondedsender.com>]
>>

>>On an Oil of olay  message??
>
> Did you read the bondedsender website?
>
> I guess I don't understand what confuses you here. That's perfectly normal.
> All it means is that oil of olay registered with bondedsender and is
> willing to pay a cash penalty if they get spam complaints.
>
> SA checks the bondedsender whitelist and deducts points for messages sent
> by them. This is OK, because if any real spammer was on BSP, they'd quickly
> loose a lot of cash off their bond fund.

And you have just identified the flaw in Bonded Sender. How many aunt
Tillies who get spam know enough to complain to Bonded Sender when a
Bonded Sender sends out a batch of spam? Do they complain fast enough
that the full spam load is not sent before their bond is forfeit and
they are removed from the list?

{^_^}

Re: bonded sender

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@comcast.net>.