Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by bbarani <bb...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/17 22:02:28 UTC

Is there a way to prevent some keywords from being added to autosuggest dictionary?

We index around 10k documents in SOLR and use inbuilt suggest functionality
for auto complete.

We have a field that contain a flag that is used to show or hide the
documents from search results.

I am trying to figure out a way to control the terms added to autosuggest
index (to skip the documents from getting added to auto suggest index) based
on the value of the flag. Is there a way to do that?

Re: Is there a way to prevent some keywords from being added to autosuggest dictionary?

Posted by Garth Grimm <Ga...@averyranchconsulting.com>.
What field(s) auto suggest uses is configurable.  So you could create special fields (and associated ‘copyField’ configs) to populate specific fields for auto suggest.

For example, you could have 2 fields for “hidden_desc” and “visible_desc”.  Copy field both of them to a field named “description”.  Then set auto suggest to use only the “visible_desc” field to drive auto suggests.

That might be one viable option.

Regard,
Garth