Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "McMullin, Gregg E." <GR...@saic.com> on 2005/12/15 14:48:28 UTC

Hiding Axis implementation code

Hi All:

  I'm currently using Axis 1.2.1 and am wondering why the wsdl2java
tool does not generate interfaces along with the beans it creates?
  Is there a mechanism to make the generated beans implement a
particular interface?  I'm really trying to find the proper way to
hide "axis" from my webService code.  My thought was that if I could
work with interface's for my beans, I could easily switch out axis
for another framework if desired.  Any thoughts would be welcome.

      Gregg

Re: Hiding Axis implementation code

Posted by Dies Koper <di...@jp.fujitsu.com>.
Hello Gregg,

I use the --helperGen option to prevent Axis metadata being generated in
my beans.
Also, I use -T1.3 to use the JAX-RPC1.1 mapping (for instance, to map
xsd:unsignedShort -> int, not org.apache.axis.types.UnsignedShort)

	-H, --helperGen
		emits separate Helper classes for meta data

	-T, --typeMappingVersion <argument>
		(cryptic description but 1.3 follows JAX-RPC1.1.)

Regards,
Dies

Posted by Nathaniel Auvil <na...@gmail.com>.
you could use Castor or XMLBeans as your XML-Java bindings so your code does
not have dependencies on Axis.