Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/23 17:58:41 UTC

Re: old db version number showing up in names-> unreadable docs

Most odd.

Sounds like a config changed from the previous version. Ie, the db
path went from:

/path/to/dbs/0.10.0/

/path/to/dbs/

Which isn't out of this world unbelievable. To fix it, just do:

sudo mv /path/to/dbs/0.10.0/* /path/to/dbs/ && rmdir /path/to/dbs/0.10.0/

Make sure couchdb is stopped when you do that to avoid other funny errors.

Also, make sure to have a backup if you're not comfortable moving
datafiles around on the command line.

Paul

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
But why would that be in the system lib directory then?

Posted by Dan Himes <dh...@vlesolutions.com>.
That appears to be exactly what it is.  Thank you.

Dan

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Himes <dh...@vlesolutions.com>.
One final note:  the admin permissions remained in local.ini, but I had
to reset the ownership of the files and directories in /etc/couchdb to
couchdb before I could actually log in as  a server admin.  This fixed
the "login hanging" problem I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Thanks again.

Best regards,
Dan

Posted by Dan Himes <dh...@vlesolutions.com>.