Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Yury Kats <yu...@yahoo.com> on 2011/08/03 02:37:20 UTC

SolrCloud: is there a programmatic way to create an ensemble

I have multiple SolrCloud instances, each running its own Zookeeper
(Solr launched with -DzkRun).

I would like to create an ensemble out of them. I know about -DzkHost
parameter, but can I achieve the same programmatically? Either with
SolrJ or REST API?

Thanks,
Yury

Re: SolrCloud: is there a programmatic way to create an ensemble

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
That's normally what you want to do - setup a separate quorum for production.

On Sep 29, 2011, at 1:36 AM, Jamie Johnson wrote:

> I'm not a solrcloud guru, but why not start your zookeeper quorum separately?
>
> I also believe that you can specify a zoo.cfg file which will create a
> zk quorum from solr
>
> example zoo.cfg (from
> http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/current/zookeeperStarted.html#sc_RunningReplicatedZooKeeper)
>
> tickTime=2000
> dataDir=/var/zookeeper
> clientPort=2181
> initLimit=5
> syncLimit=2
> server.1=zoo1:2888:3888
> server.2=zoo2:2888:3888
> server.3=zoo3:2888:3888
>
> On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 12:17 AM, Pulkit Singhal
> <pu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Did you find out about this?
>>
>> 2011/8/2 Yury Kats <yu...@yahoo.com>:
>>> I have multiple SolrCloud instances, each running its own Zookeeper
>>> (Solr launched with -DzkRun).
>>>
>>> I would like to create an ensemble out of them. I know about -DzkHost
>>> parameter, but can I achieve the same programmatically? Either with
>>> SolrJ or REST API?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Yury

- Mark Miller
lucidimagination.com
2011.lucene-eurocon.org | Oct 17-20 | Barcelona

Re: SolrCloud: is there a programmatic way to create an ensemble

Posted by Jamie Johnson <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yury Kats <yu...@yahoo.com>.
Nope

Posted by Pulkit Singhal <pu...@gmail.com>.