Posted to users@maven.apache.org by LAMY Olivier <Ol...@accor.com> on 2007/05/09 10:07:25 UTC

Sync of repository.jboss.com to repo1.maven.org

Hi,
I'd like to know why the repository http://repository.jboss.com/maven2
isn't synch with http://repo1.maven.org/maven2.
Specially the jboss folder (http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/jboss/).

Is there any special request to made ?

Or it's impossible ?

Olivier

This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues dans ce message ( ci apres "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destines exclusivement a l'usage de la  personne a laquelle ils sont adresses. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer a son emetteur et de le detruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressement autorisees de ce message, sont interdites.

Re: Sync of repository.jboss.com to repo1.maven.org

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
they have to follow some rules and be "good citizens"

for instance they just put poms for hibernate with no information at
all, while the ones at the central repo are pretty complete

On 5/9/07, Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/9/07, LAMY Olivier <Ol...@accor.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I'd like to know why the repository http://repository.jboss.com/maven2
> > isn't synch with http://repo1.maven.org/maven2.
> > Specially the jboss folder (http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/jboss/).
> >
> > Is there any special request to made ?
>
> Yes, there's a "Sync'ing your own repository to the central repository
> automatically"
> paragraph on
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-central-repository-upload.html
> But - there are SNAPSHOTs in this repo, see
> http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/org/jboss/server/common/jboss-common/5.0-SNAPSHOT/
> while repo1.maven.org/maven2 accepts only releases.
> So - probably there should be 'brand new repository' at jboss.org, containing
> only releases.
> Another thing - I don't know current state but when I was looking over this
> repository, there was a lot of artifacts, that are not 'synced' with their
> primary locations at repo1.maven.org, like this one:
> http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/apache-collections/commons-collections/2.1/
> This should be clearified I think.
>
> Regards,
> Tomek
>
> PS1 I'm not a maven developer or repo1.maven.org maintainer, just a user,
> that would be happy if things like jboss or hibernate libraries will
> be synced to repo1 automatically, like spring libraries are for example).
> PS2 http://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBBUILD-318
>
> > Or it's impossible ?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > --
> > Olivier
> >

> > This e-mail, any attachments and the information contained therein ("this message") are confidential and intended solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you have received this message in error please send it back to the sender and delete it. Unauthorized publication, use, dissemination or disclosure of this message, either in whole or in part is strictly prohibited.
> > Ce message electronique et tous les fichiers joints ainsi que  les informations contenues dans ce message ( ci apres "le message" ), sont confidentiels et destines exclusivement a l'usage de la  personne a laquelle ils sont adresses. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, merci  de le renvoyer a son emetteur et de le detruire. Toutes diffusion, publication, totale ou partielle ou divulgation sous quelque forme que se soit non expressement autorisees de ce message, sont interdites.

I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
                             -- The Princess Bride

Re: Sync of repository.jboss.com to repo1.maven.org

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.