Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/01/26 01:15:51 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Hi everyone,

Here is ML2 of TomEE 8. It took me way longer than I expected, since I found a few issues that I had to fix to perform the release properly. Please, realize that this is no way a FINAL release and it doesn’t need to be perfect. We may have several Milestone versions until we reach a final one.

Probably the most interesting feature of this release is the full support of MP 2.0 in the microprofile TomEE flavour.

As part of the release, I also had to release a patched version of BVal2 with tomee groupId, alongside TomEE itself

Staging Repos:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1129/> (BVal 2)
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/ <https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1132/> (TomEE)

Source:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/bval-parent-2.0.1-83f28d8-source-release.zip>
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/tomee-project-8.0.0-M2-source-release.zip>

Dist Area:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/ <https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/tomee-8.0.0-M2/>

JIRA:
https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300 <https://jira.apache.org/jira/projects/TOMEE/versions/12344300>

Thank you!

Please vote:
+1: Release
0: I don’t care
-1 Do not release because ...

The vote will be open for 3 days or the consensus is binding (At least 3 binding votes).

Cheers,
Roberto

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Posted by Otávio Gonçalves de Santana <os...@tomitribe.com>.
+1 nice Roberto

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Thank you Roberto.

Posted by César Hernández Mendoza <ce...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández Mendoza.

[VOTE][RESULT] Release Apache TomEE 8.0.0 MILESTONE 2

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,

Here are the votes:

+ 1 Binding: David, Jean-Louis and Jon.
+1 Non Binding: César, Otávio, chongma, Gurkan, Ivan, Bruno and Roberto.

And the vote PASSES! :)

Thank you everyone for participating. I will proceed now with the remaining tasks to promote the release.

Cheers,
Roberto

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Right on time! Thanks JL :)

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Thanks Roberto.

Here is my +1

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi Jon,

https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/f5705dab6bdb7887d2368b053152b825ad4dcca4 <https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/f5705dab6bdb7887d2368b053152b825ad4dcca4>

https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/1e35c3ac012c3acda3b82f225bada42c883e4098 <https://github.com/apache/cxf/commit/1e35c3ac012c3acda3b82f225bada42c883e4098>

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Baptista <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jon,

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jo...@gmail.com>.
Couple of queries:

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thank you, Roberto!

--
David Blevins
http://twitter.com/dblevins

Posted by Bruno Baptista <br...@gmail.com>.
+1

I've tested the webprofile, microprofile and plus flavors on linux with
openjdk version "1.8.0_191.

Used several apps and it looks good to me.

Thanks Roberto!

Bruno Baptista
https://twitter.com/brunobat_

Posted by Ivan Junckes Filho <iv...@gmail.com>.