Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by chandrakanth alahari <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/10 17:40:41 UTC

Setting up domain and work-group-Pl help

Hello,
I am desperately looking for the answer.
My company has Domain group and the repository should be made accessible to
domain users.
Till date I have investigated on
1) Network Repositories by giving full permissions to the folder(access it
with "File://..") and there is no need to update the authz, passwd and
svnserve.conf files. But operations were successful.(My domain UID locked a
file)
2)Here I updated authz, passwd and svnserve.conf files with user say
"chandu" and by giving the command 'SVN://3.212.154.168/Reppo1' from
client.
Both were successful but If I have to give access to domain user or
workgroup users I believe I should not keep updating the authz, passwd and
svnserve.conf files.

Note: No repository would be accessed using weblinks. I am pure windows
developer.

Please help on this because if it doesn't work I have to move back to
CVS(may be dotnet wrapper on CVS).

Regards,
Chandu

Re: Setting up domain and work-group-Pl help

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag chandrakanth alahari,
am Dienstag, 10. Januar 2012 um 17:40 schrieben Sie:

> 2)Here I updated authz, passwd and svnserve.conf files with user say
> "chandu" and by giving the command 'SVN://3.212.154.168/Reppo1' from
> client.
> Both were successful but If I have to give access to domain user or
> workgroup users I believe I should not keep updating the authz, passwd and
> svnserve.conf files.

Did you already read the following?

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.serverconfig.svnserve.html#svn.serverconfig.svnserve.sasl

Mit freundlichen Grüßen,

Thorsten Schöning

--
Thorsten Schöning       E-Mail:Thorsten.Schoening@AM-SoFT.de

Telefon.............030-2 1001-310
Fax...............05151-  9468- 88
Mobil..............0178-8 9468- 04

AG Hanover HRB 207 694 - Geschäftsführer: Andreas Muchow

RE: Setting up domain and work-group-Pl help

Posted by "Cooke, Mark" <ma...@siemens.com>.

I am a pure windoze developer too but still decided to use apache on windows server to host subversion.  It was not too difficult to setup (even though I had no experience of apache before), the hardest bit was getting to grips with LDAP so I could use mod_ldap for authentication against our Active Directory forest...  VisualSVN does it all for you but I wanted to learn and understand.

Don't give up, try it out and learn new stuff!  Make sure you read the subversion book at red-bean and the TortoiseSVN help file which is also very good.

~ mark c

Re: Setting up domain and work-group-Pl help

Posted by Michael Diers <md...@elegosoft.com>.
On 2012-01-10 17:40, chandrakanth alahari wrote:
> Hello,
> I am desperately looking for the answer.
> My company has Domain group and the repository should be made accessible
> to domain users.
[...]

Chandu,

are you going to host the repositories on Windows? If so, please have a
look at VisualSVN Server. The product can handle authentication and
authorization using domain group information, and it should be very easy
to set up for someone familiar with the Windows platform.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VisualSVN#VisualSVN_Server

> Note: No repository would be accessed using weblinks.
> I am pure windows developer.
[...]