Posted to users@camel.apache.org by heriyanto <he...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/09 23:46:59 UTC

File component problem on tomcat server

Hi everyone,

I create a simple camel application that move file from folder "input" to
another folder "output".
I integrate apache camel with spring mvc and deploy the application into
tomcat server.
Here are the simple route :

   		<route id="cashFlowStageDataRouter">
   			<from uri="file:data/inbox?delay=1000" />
   			<to uri="file:data/outbox"></to>
               </route>

When i start the tomcat server, i believe that the camel context already
started successfully, based on the log info :
INFO - DefaultCamelContext.doStartOrResumeRouteConsumers(2098) | Route:
cashFlowStageDataRouter started and consuming from:
Endpoint[file://data/inbox?delay=1000]

but when i place new file into folder "input", nothing happen. File in the
folder "input" doesn't move or copy into "output" folder.

when i call the route from JUnit using ProducerTemplate, file can move to
"output" folder successfully.

does i miss something here...?

Thank you,

RE: File component problem on tomcat server

Posted by heriyanto <he...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thank you for the quick replies.

Yes when i change the relative path become absolute path directory, my camel
application work successfully, then i just have to correct where the
relative path.

Thank you for your help.

Heriy

RE: File component problem on tomcat server

Posted by Ra...@cognizant.com.
What is the location of input folder w.r.t tomcat app ?

Right now even if tracing is set to true, not much information is available in the logs about absolute path where component looks for file.

It will be nice to have CAMEL_WORKING_DIR or some parameter which conveys information from where camel is running.

I looked around this information thru jconsole but could not get any help

-Ravi

are you seeing any exceptions in the log? related to permissions or something?
additionally... maybe try a test with a absolute directory location
instead of the relative location you're using...

On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 2:46 PM, heriyanto <he...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I create a simple camel application that move file from folder "input" to
> another folder "output".
> I integrate apache camel with spring mvc and deploy the application into
> tomcat server.
> Here are the simple route :
>
>                 <route id="cashFlowStageDataRouter">
>                         <from uri="file:data/inbox?delay=1000" />
>                         <to uri="file:data/outbox"></to>
>                </route>
>
> When i start the tomcat server, i believe that the camel context already
> started successfully, based on the log info :
> INFO - DefaultCamelContext.doStartOrResumeRouteConsumers(2098) | Route:
> cashFlowStageDataRouter started and consuming from:
> Endpoint[file://data/inbox?delay=1000]
>
> but when i place new file into folder "input", nothing happen. File in the
> folder "input" doesn't move or copy into "output" folder.
>
> when i call the route from JUnit using ProducerTemplate, file can move to
> "output" folder successfully.
>
> does i miss something here...?
>
> Thank you,

Christian Posta
http://www.christianposta.com/blog
twitter: @christianposta
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: File component problem on tomcat server

Posted by Christian Posta <ch...@gmail.com>.