Posted to user@uima.apache.org by Trinka Dcunha-Crimson Interactive <tr...@crimsoni.com> on 2018/05/10 11:47:18 UTC

Single and double quotes help needed

Hi,

I have been trying to capture single (' ') and double (" ") quotes in Ruta,
but am at my wit's end figuring out how to do it.

I used the escape characters but that didn't help.

Basically, I want to capture the text within the double quotes or let's say
the comma before the double quotes in the following sentence.

"The case isn't ready," the judge said.

Could someone advise?

Best,

Trinka

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and solely intended for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have   received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this e-mail from your system immediately. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified  that disclosing, copying, distributing, or taking any action in reliance upon the contents of this email is strictly prohibited. Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender only, unless expressly stated to be those of Crimson Interactive Pvt. Ltd. and its affiliates. Crimson Interactive Pvt. Ltd. does not guarantee the integrity of this email content or that it is free from errors, viruses, or interference.

Re: Single and double quotes help needed

Posted by Peter Klügl <pe...@averbis.com>.
Hi,

did you try something like:

DECLARE InQuotes;
(SPECIAL{REGEXP("\"")} # SPECIAL{REGEXP("\"")}){-> InQuotes};

The actual rules depend on the patterns that could occur, e.g.,
different kind of quotes, quotes in direct speech etc...

Best,

Peter

--
Peter Klügl