Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jimmy Gram Escherich <d9...@tron.lyngbyes.dk> on 2000/07/07 12:16:26 UTC

Using Tomcat with IIS 4

Hello, I am new with Tomcat and ISS

How do I use Tomcat with IIS 4, is there an documentation or could someone
please give me a guide for beginners.

Best regards

Jimmy Escherich

RE: Stream broken.

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.
> I tried to accecc it through http://www.domain.con:8007. I thoght this
> would produce some kind of page that said "You have a working tomcat now
> ..." just like apache does when it is working but it didn't. After a while
> I came up with the brilliant idea to just try
> http://www.domain.com/examples/ which worked just fine. I guess I must
> have been tired or something... Still, I think it would be nice if Tomcat
> didn't thow an exception when one tries to accecc ti directly.

Well, the exception is implicitly telling you that you're trying to access
it directly =)

It can't communicate to your browser because it's expecting AJP and the
browser is HTTP.  Cutting code to deal with this specific usage error would
probably involve an additional check during each communication session (not
"session" as in web browser, "session" as in conversation) which would slow
things down for the 99.99999% of the time when Tomcat is accessed from the
web server.

A better idea is probably adding something to the install guide.  My admin
made the same mistake when he was setting up Tomcat.

- r

RE: Stream broken.

Posted by Fredrik Hultkrantz <fj...@picard.skip.informatik.gu.se>.
On Sat, 8 Jul 2000, Fredrik Hultkrantz wrote:

> > How are you accessing Tomcat?
> >
> > - r

Ignore my last posting.. My fault. Somehow I mixed 8007 with 8080. Now
everything is working just fine...

Fredrik

RE: Stream broken.

Posted by Fredrik Hultkrantz <fj...@picard.skip.informatik.gu.se>.
> How are you accessing Tomcat?
>
> - r

I tried to accecc it through http://www.domain.con:8007. I thoght this
would produce some kind of page that said "You have a working tomcat now
..." just like apache does when it is working but it didn't. After a while
I came up with the brilliant idea to just try
http://www.domain.com/examples/ which worked just fine. I guess I must
have been tired or something... Still, I think it would be nice if Tomcat
didn't thow an exception when one tries to accecc ti directly.

Thanks anyway.

Fredrik

RE: Stream broken.

Posted by "Rob S." <rs...@home.com>.

Stream broken.

Posted by Fredrik Hultkrantz <fj...@picard.skip.informatik.gu.se>.
Hi.

I get the followin error when trying to accecc tomcat:

HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.io.IOException: Stream broken
java.io.IOException: Stream broken
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.AJP12RequestAdapter.readNextRequest(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:386)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:134)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:338)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)

Re: Using Tomcat with IIS 4

Posted by Alberto <al...@hotmail.com>.
Look at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-tomcat/src/doc/tomcat-iis
-howto.html

I used this information to set up the installation of Tomcat 3.1 with IIS 5
and it works really fine
There are no other things to add to that document.
Thank's to Gal Shachor

good work