Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org> on 2023/11/01 18:37:23 UTC

Pootle Server Update

The OpenOffice project wishes to update the Pootle server (translate.Apache.org) that we share to translation software that is maintained. Pootle development stopped over four years ago.

Please let OpenOffice know if you still use the service and if you do would you like to cooperate on the upgrade?

For OpenOffice,
Dave

Sent from my iPhone

Re: Pootle Server Update

Posted by Daniel Sahlberg <da...@gmail.com>.
Den ons 1 nov. 2023 kl 20:24 skrev Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>:

> On Nov 1, 2023, at 12:14 PM, Daniel Sahlberg <da...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> *dropping jmeter/couchdb/oo and adding mechtilde*
>
> Den ons 1 nov. 2023 kl 19:37 skrev Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>:
>
>> The OpenOffice project wishes to update the Pootle server (
>> translate.Apache.org <http://translate.apache.org/>) that we share to
>> translation software that is maintained. Pootle development stopped over
>> four years ago.
>>
>> Please let OpenOffice know if you still use the service and if you do
>> would you like to cooperate on the upgrade?
>>

> This seems to be an initiative from a user mechtilde@apache.org to update
> the german translation. Last updated 4 years ago. Mechtilde unfortunately
> doesn't seem to be a committer in Subversion nor subscribed to the dev@
> list.
>
> I downloaded quickly and there seems to be some translations of the help
> commands (svn help etc.) that doesn't exist in our own repository, I think
> it would be a nice addition but someone fluent in german should verify and
> it would be great if Mechtilde would be involved in submitting a patch.
>

> Mechtilde is on the OpenOffice PMC and has been running the Pootle server
> for years.for AOO’s many translations. If the limit of Subversion use is
> her translations then there is no real concern.

Great. Still, if she indeed made translation of the help messages, it would
be nice if we could add them to our repository.

/Daniel

Re: Pootle Server Update

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
> On Nov 1, 2023, at 12:14 PM, Daniel Sahlberg <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> *dropping jmeter/couchdb/oo and adding mechtilde*
>
> Den ons 1 nov. 2023 kl 19:37 skrev Dave Fisher <wave@apache.org <ma...@apache.org>>:
> The OpenOffice project wishes to update the Pootle server (translate.Apache.org <http://translate.apache.org/>) that we share to translation software that is maintained. Pootle development stopped over four years ago.
>
> Please let OpenOffice know if you still use the service and if you do would you like to cooperate on the upgrade?
>
> This seems to be an initiative from a user mechtilde@apache.org <ma...@apache.org> to update the german translation. Last updated 4 years ago. Mechtilde unfortunately doesn't seem to be a committer in Subversion nor subscribed to the dev@ list.
>
> I downloaded quickly and there seems to be some translations of the help commands (svn help etc.) that doesn't exist in our own repository, I think it would be a nice addition but someone fluent in german should verify and it would be great if Mechtilde would be involved in submitting a patch.

Mechtilde is on the OpenOffice PMC and has been running the Pootle server for years.for AOO’s many translations. If the limit of Subversion use is her translations then there is no real concern.

Best,
Dave

Re: Pootle Server Update

Posted by Daniel Sahlberg <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pootle Server Update

Posted by Peter kovacs <pe...@posteo.de>.
Hi all,
Getting the translation integration running and migrating to a different we frontend are in my opinion 2 different things.
I have planed to look into the translation tomorrow. But I am still unsure how that works out.

I want to open a hotbox repository for translations.
And the check if we can optimize the process there a bit.

All the best
Peter

Re: Pootle Server Update

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi All,

Re: Pootle Server Update

Posted by Czesław Wolański <cz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias, All

Thanks for the information / explanation.
+1 for the idea of disabling.

Regards,
Czesław

Re: Pootle Server Update

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi,

Re: Pootle Server Update

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 23.11.23 um 19:44 schrieb Czesław Wolański:
> Le jeu. 23 nov. 2023 à 19:12, Matthias Seidel a écrit :
>> No reaction on the CouchDB and JMeter dev-lists for 3 weeks...
>
> Long enough to make an informed decision...
>
>> Should we disable these projects on our Pootle server? It is just one
>> click for me... ;-)
>
> "That’s one small step for (a) man. One giant leap for mankind."  ;-)
>
> Just in case: is it reversible?

that would be also my question.

+1 from me when the revert is also easy.

Thanks

Marcus

Re: Pootle Server Update

Posted by Czesław Wolański <cz...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

Re: Pootle Server Update

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi All,

No reaction on the CouchDB and JMeter dev-lists for 3 weeks...

Should we disable these projects on our Pootle server? It is just one
click for me... ;-)

Opinions?

Re: Pootle Server Update

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.