Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Svetlana Kaytsner <sk...@intranetsolutions.com> on 2001/08/10 23:32:13 UTC

local/specified encoding to unicode conversion

I was wondering if anybody ever tried doing something similar to what I
need to do:

I have an XML protocol that needs passing around some DBCS strings for
different purposes.  The code page/character encoding is known.  I would
like to convert the DBCS string of known code page into Unicode to store
the whole document in utf-8.  The XMLFormatter lets you convert from
UNICODE to some other code page.  Can Xerces help me do it the other way
around?
If not, I'd just have to base64 all my double-byte strings.

Any pointers are welcome

Lana Kaytsner