Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org> on 2003/01/03 17:11:49 UTC

Re: Moving forward cocoon.apache.org

Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
> I vote for Version #2.
>
> That will follow the spirit of Jakarta which is popular and successful.
> The Incubator will give a fair exposure to new projects, while allowing them
> to move up, only if they meet a certain threshold of maturity and
> popularity.

I think incubator is very fine with us (Wyona) and it also seems fair
with regard to other projects.

Shall we apply on our own at incubator or shall we wait some more time?
Has incubator officially launched yet (there seem to be no projects so
far and some content is still missing)?

Thanks

Michael

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.org>.
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>
>> Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
>>
>>> I vote for Version #2.
>>>
>>> That will follow the spirit of Jakarta which is popular and successful.
>>> The Incubator will give a fair exposure to new projects, while
>>> allowing them
>>> to move up, only if they meet a certain threshold of maturity and
>>> popularity.
>>

>> I think incubator is very fine with us (Wyona) and it also seems fair
>> with regard to other projects.
>

> Hi Michael, I'm part also of the Incubator PMC (Project management
> commitee).
>
> The incubator is active, and we are recieving now our first project,
> Tapestry. I have been contacted by OmegaCMS
> http://www.omegacms.com/tour.html for the possibility of moving to
> Apache too. Tell me what you think of it, and let us (incubator) know.

Well, to be honest, I have never heard of it before, but I will add it
to the OSCOM CMS/F list:

http://www.oscom.org/matrix/index.html

and will try to check it out.

>> Shall we apply on our own at incubator or shall we wait some more time?
>> Has incubator officially launched yet (there seem to be no projects so
>> far and some content is still missing)?
>

> Yes, we are making our rules as-we-go.
>
> The best thing is to decide where you want to land in Apache, and if
> it's under another project, make that project accept it if possible.

I guess you mean by project "Jakarta" or "XML"

> Then apply for incubation by sending a mail with details on
> general@incubator.apache.org. I'll be waiting for you :-)

ok :-)

Thanks

Michael

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.

Michael Wechner wrote:
> Ivelin Ivanov wrote:
>
>> I vote for Version #2.
>>
>> That will follow the spirit of Jakarta which is popular and successful.
>> The Incubator will give a fair exposure to new projects, while
>> allowing them
>> to move up, only if they meet a certain threshold of maturity and
>> popularity.
>

> I think incubator is very fine with us (Wyona) and it also seems fair
> with regard to other projects.

Hi Michael, I'm part also of the Incubator PMC (Project management
commitee).

The incubator is active, and we are recieving now our first project,
Tapestry. I have been contacted by OmegaCMS
http://www.omegacms.com/tour.html for the possibility of moving to
Apache too. Tell me what you think of it, and let us (incubator) know.

> Shall we apply on our own at incubator or shall we wait some more time?
> Has incubator officially launched yet (there seem to be no projects so
> far and some content is still missing)?

Yes, we are making our rules as-we-go.

The best thing is to decide where you want to land in Apache, and if
it's under another project, make that project accept it if possible.

Then apply for incubation by sending a mail with details on
general@incubator.apache.org. I'll be waiting for you :-)

Ciao.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -