Posted to user@hive.apache.org by yogesh dhari <yo...@live.com> on 2012/09/09 10:51:31 UTC

FAILED: Error in metadata

Hi all,

 my hive-site.xml is

<property>
        <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionURL</name>
        <value>jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/try?createDatabaseIfNotExist=true</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionDriverName</name>
        <value>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionUserName</name>
        <value>hadoop</value>
    </property>

    <property>
        <name>javax.jdo.option.ConnectionPassword</name>
        <value>hadoop</value>
    </property>

and created a user in my sql.

 CREATE USER 'hadoop'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED BY 'hadoop';

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'hadoop' WITH GRANT OPTION;

Schema name is try, and connection name is Demo

When I run hive in single terminal then it runs fine but when i try to run hive parallel on new terminal window it shows the error:

FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalDataStoreException: Failed to start database 'metastore_db', see the next exception for details.
NestedThrowables:
java.sql.SQLException: Failed to start database 'metastore_db', see the next exception for details.
FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

Please help and suggest
Yogesh Kumar

RE: FAILED: Error in metadata

Posted by yogesh dhari <yo...@live.com>.
thanks all for your guidance :-)

its done now

Regards
Yogesh kumar

From: rohithsharmaks@huawei.com
To: user@hive.apache.org

RE: FAILED: Error in metadata

Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 02:21:47 -0700
From: bejoy_ks@yahoo.com
To: user@hive.apache.org

Hi Yogesh

It looks like hive is still on the derby db . Can you restart your hive
instances after updating the hive-site.xml. Also please make sure that you
are modifying the right copy of the file.

Regards,

Bejoy KS

  _____

Re: FAILED: Error in metadata