Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Mole <mj...@us.ibm.com> on 2007/10/23 17:17:20 UTC

AXIS2C: Does WSDL2C support xml:lang?

Is the "xml:lang" attribute supported by the WSDL2C tool?  My schema
definition contains a reference to this, but the generated struct is
empty.

Thanks,
Mike

Michael J Molé
Software Engineer
IBM Software Group - Rational
(781)676-2710

Re: AXIS2C: Does WSDL2C support xml:lang?

Posted by Dimuthu Gamage <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Michael,

Please see the comments inline.

On 10/30/07, Michael Mole <mj...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hey Dimuthu,
>
> I've investigated a little further, and it looks like perhaps xml:lang
> shouldn't be typedefed explicitly.  We should instead get it from somewhere
> like this http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace.

Yes,  It can be used whenever an element need to have a "language" attribute
(Which is how usually the "lang" is used).

I think Axis2/C should define the languages (e.g. en-us) somewhere, though.
>  What do you think?

I think defining the languages inside Axis2/C is not necessary. Since It
will be a long list + we should allow users to define their own languages.

So I think it is better to keep the xml:lang to be defined as a string.

Thanks,
Dimuthu

 - Mike

Posted by Michael Mole <mj...@us.ibm.com>.