Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Suresh Anaparti <su...@accelerite.com> on 2016/07/01 06:08:25 UTC

Re: Cloustack with VMWare, Console not working

Pascal,

- Try to connect to the VNC socket (<ESXi host>:<VNC port>) of that console using any third party VNC client (tightvnc, etc). If it doesn’t work, there might be some problem at ESXi host. Login to the ESXi host and run command "esxcli network ip connection list | grep -i listen” to confirm that the host is listening on that port for VNC connections.

- Try to telnet from the console proxy to the VNC port. [telnet <ESXi host> <VNC port>]. If not connected, check if any firewall is blocking this.

Please share the console proxy log.

Thanks,
Suresh

On 01/07/16 4:20 am, "ilya" <il...@gmail.com> wrote:

>I suspect an issue between ESXi host and Console Proxy VM via MGMT
>interface.
>
>Just to confirm, try  watching netstat on console session
># watch 'netstat -antup | grep TIME'
>
>Initiate a console from cloudstack - see if you have anything in
>TIME_WAIT state.
>
>Regards
>ilya
>
>On 6/30/16 9:06 AM, Pascal R. wrote:
>> Hi List!
>>

>> i'm testing arround with Cloudstack here, Cloudstack 4.8, vSphere 5.5 and
>> ESXi 5.5
>>

>> Everything works so far, all systems vm's are launched and working, i'm
>> able to provision new vm's.
>>

>> but the console is not working, i always get:

>> Unable to start console session as connection is refused by the machine you
>> are accessing
>>

>> The Ports are open on the ESXi Hosts.
>>

>> Any hint ?

DISCLAIMER
==========
This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information which is the property of Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies of this message. Accelerite, a Persistent Systems business does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.

Re: Cloustack with VMWare, Console not working

Posted by Suresh Anaparti <su...@accelerite.com>.
Pascal,

Have you tried viewing the console of that VM(s) with any third party VNC client?

- When connected to the console from cloudstack, can you check whether the connection is established on the VNC port of that VM.
@Console Proxy VM => netstat –tunap | grep <VNC port>
(or) @Host => esxcli network ip connection list | grep <VNC port>

- See the tcpdump trace on Console Proxy VM to confirm that packets are sent and received on VNC port.
@Console Proxy VM => tcpdump -n "host <Host-IP> and port <VNC port>"
(or) @Host => tcpdump-uw -n "host <Host-IP> and <VNC port>"

-Suresh

Posted by "Pascal R." <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "Pascal R." <re...@gmail.com>.
In Cloudstack, i can see, that the Agent Status is "UP". When i try to
telnet on POrt 443, i'm getting a timeout.

Should'nt Port 443 be open on the Console PRoxy VM?