Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Matt Robinson <ma...@flightcentre.com> on 2005/10/14 05:42:10 UTC

Pipeline has already been processed for this request

Hello.

What does this message mean and what do I need to do to fix it.  It seems to have something to do with the Cocoon Flow Continuation...

I am calling several pipelines (one at a time) in the same flowscript and using Cocoon Forms to pass data to and from the Java Bean handing the flow state.  The first two pages display fine.  The third page will not display.....

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Pipeline has already been processed for this request
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.AbstractInterpreter.forwardTo(AbstractInterpreter.java:205)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter.forwardTo(FOM_JavaScriptInterpreter.java:863)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_Cocoon.forwardTo(FOM_Cocoon.java:1483)
	at org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_Cocoon.jsFunction_sendPage(FOM_Cocoon.java:265)
	at inv13.invoke()
	at org.mozilla.javascript.FunctionObject.doInvoke(FunctionObject.java:523)
	at org.mozilla.javascript.FunctionObject.call(FunctionObject.java:438)

Kind Regards,

Matt Robinson

Re: Pipeline has already been processed for this request

Posted by Leszek Gawron <lg...@mobilebox.pl>.
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Matt Robinson wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> What does this message mean and what do I need to do to fix it.  It
>> seems to have something to do with the Cocoon Flow Continuation...
>>
>> I am calling several pipelines (one at a time) in the same flowscript
>> and using Cocoon Forms to pass data to and from the Java Bean handing
>> the flow state.  The first two pages display fine.  The third page
>> will not display.....
>>

> The point is to know how you call these several pipelines. For one given
> request, only one pipeline can have its output directed to the browser.
>
> Practically, this means that a flowscript can only call sendPage,
> sendPageAndWait, redirectTo or sendStatus only once for a request. You
> can however call any number of pipelines using cocoon.processPipelineTo
> or the PipelinesUtil class.
>
> A frequent cause for this message is about forgetting that only
> sendPageAndWait suspends the script, and that all other continue
> execution. So check your control structures to see if sendPage is called
> twice for a single request.
you should also check if your application is throwing any exceptions you
are silently catching - it was a common cause for me.

Re: Pipeline has already been processed for this request

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Matt Robinson wrote:

>Hello.
>
>What does this message mean and what do I need to do to fix it.  It seems to have something to do with the Cocoon Flow Continuation...
>
>I am calling several pipelines (one at a time) in the same flowscript and using Cocoon Forms to pass data to and from the Java Bean handing the flow state.  The first two pages display fine.  The third page will not display.....

The point is to know how you call these several pipelines. For one given
request, only one pipeline can have its output directed to the browser.

Practically, this means that a flowscript can only call sendPage,
sendPageAndWait, redirectTo or sendStatus only once for a request. You
can however call any number of pipelines using cocoon.processPipelineTo
or the PipelinesUtil class.

A frequent cause for this message is about forgetting that only
sendPageAndWait suspends the script, and that all other continue
execution. So check your control structures to see if sendPage is called
twice for a single request.

Sylvain