Posted to dev@reef.apache.org by "Julia Wang (QIUHE)" <Qi...@microsoft.com> on 2015/04/29 23:32:45 UTC

Deployment error

When I do mvn deploy for next REEF version, I got an error in the end:

Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.8.2:deploy (default-deploy) on project website: The packaging for this project did not assign a file to the build artifact -> [Help 1]

Searched website:
What does the message "The packaging for this project did not assign a file to the build artifact" mean when I run deploy:deploy?
During the packaging-phase all gathered and placed in context. With this mechanism Maven can ensure that the maven-install-plugin and maven-deploy-plugin are copying/uploading the same set of files. So when you only execute deploy:deploy, then there are no files put in the context and there is nothing to deploy.
Do we need to do anything for website project since it is new in this release?
Others are deployed successfully.
Thanks,
Julia

Deployment error

Posted by Jason Jeong <cu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

The error "The packaging for this project did not assign a file to the
build artifact"  is probably because of these lines in website/pom.xml,
though I've never actually tried mvn deploy:deploy:

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-install-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>2.5.2</version>
  <configuration>
    <skip>true</skip>
  </configuration>
</plugin>

We purposely included it to prevent redundant files from being created
during mvn clean install at the root directory.

I think something similar could be done for deployment, maybe something
like this, perhaps? I can't test it, mvn deploy:deploy doesn't work for me.

<plugin>
  <artifactId>maven-deploy-plugin</artifactId>
  <version>2.8.2</version>
  <configuration>
    <skip>true</skip>
  </configuration>