Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org> on 2014/03/10 05:06:17 UTC

Please update the incubator status for the graduated podlings

Hi!

while compiling a board report, I have noticed
that the following podlings still haven't completed
the graduation steps wrt. updating the Incubator
tracking and removing themselves. Please make
sure to follow instructions over here:
   http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#life-after-graduation

Especially the part that talks about updating
Incubator records.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: Please update the incubator status for the graduated podlings

Posted by Andy Konwinski <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the nudge Roman. I believe I've covered all of the steps for
Spark related to updating the Incubator tracking and removing the project,
i.e., setting the status to "graduated", etc.

TL;DR
---------------
I just performed the following steps for Spark from the page you referenced:

* Update the svn incubator/trunk/content/projects/${project}.xml file to
show the project's status.
* Update the podling summary metadata file, i.e.
incubator/trunk/content/podlings.xmlsvn file. See the content/podlings.dtd
and follow examples of other recent graduates. At the beginning of the
process, add the "graduating" element. When finished the graduation
process, then: Change the podling status to "graduated"; add the "enddate"
attribute to document when the project graduated; add the "resolution"
element (see other project examples); remove the "graduating" element.
* Remove the "reporting" element from that podlings.xml file.

Andy