Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Fabien Penso <pe...@linuxfr.org> on 2002/07/18 15:59:34 UTC

ErrorDocument404 & form

Hi.

Let's say I did use :

ErrorDocument 404 /phpinfo.php

/phpinfo.php doest exist, it just does phpinfo() to show variables.

If I call http://localhost/dontexist?plop=foobar I will see the phpinfo,
and I will see variables like :

REDIRECT_ERROR_NOTES: File does not exist: /var/www/dontexist
REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING: plop=foobar
REDIRECT_REQUEST_METHOD: GET
REDIRECT_STATUS: 404
etc

but $plop won't be set, and there is no way to get the variables
back. In POST method I won't even see the REDIRECT_QUERY_STRING at
all. So should this work, if not why, and is there a way to fix it ?

Apparently Apache drops the body in case there is a 404, so is there a
way to make this work ?

http://www.geocrawler.com/mail/thread.php3?subject=reading+POST+data+in+404+handler&list=182
already talks about this, but that was a long time ago, so I wondered if
there is a way to fix it now.

Thanks.

--
Fabien Penso <pe...@linuxfr.org> | LinuxFr a toujours besoin de :